What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Other information relevant to order fulfilment, customer surveys and/or offers
We also receive and store certain types of information through the use of ‘Cookies’, when you interact with FHSM via the Internet. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to disable or to warn you when cookies are used however this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age you must not submit any personal information to us unless you have the consent of, and are being supervised by, a parent or legal guardian.
Why we collect this information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Third Party Sites
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Friends of the Holbrook Submarine Museum (FHSM)